Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) aims to gently and rhythmically move the lymph through the body, especially swollen areas, relieving pressure and enhancing the functionality of the immune system. As both a preventative and remedial technique, MLD can be used for a wide range of purposes. It is extremely important the the rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph fluid is understood by the therapist who performs it. These items are carefully paid attention to and pertinent in our treatment.
- Faster recovery from injury
- Reduces pain and muscle spasms
- Promotes tissue regeneration like scars
- Reduces Inflammation
- Increases the healing for Sprain, Strains, Tears
- Prepares and cleanses the body for Pre-Surgery
- Accelerates healing post-surgery
- Significant improvement outcomes for pre plastic surgery by prepping the area
- Quicker healing time, reduction of swelling, inflammation and bruising post plastic surgery
- Appropriate for Oncology-Cancer massage
- Improves and helps Developmental Disorders
- Reduces Lymphedema and Edema
- Improves Lipedema Symptoms and post Lipedema surgery
- Stimulates the immune system for preventative
- Helps with Bronchitis, Sinusitis, Tonsillitis, Arthritis, Acne, Eczema, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Auto Immune Diseases
- Reduction of swelling, bloating and fluid retention by activating fluid circulation
- Improved sports performance
- Helps recovery from Trauma
- Discomfort from pregnancy and Post Partum Disorders
- Improves Weight-loss
- Has been known to help improve beauty issues
- Stimulates the para-sympathetic system and improves the ability for rest, relaxation, stress, depression and insomnia
- Reduces Headaches, Tinnitus, Vertigo, Migraines and Jaw pain from Temporal Mandibular Joint Disorder
What Mild Lymphatic Drainage moves
Pioneer of Lymphatic Drainage
MLD was first pioneered by Emil Vodder on the French Riviera and introduced the technique in Paris, France. Prior to her it was considered Taboo to mess with the Lymph System.
Information on MLD
There is a good amount of information out there on MLD. Here you can read up on more details regarding the MLD technique.
Scientific Research On MLD
Manual Lymphatic Drainage for lymphedema following breast cancer treatment.
Clinical trials on MLD.
When is it effective for using MLD?
MLD has been effective with the use of it for pre and post plastic surgery, pre, during and post cancer treatment, pre and post regular surgery, sprains, strains, inflammation, bruising and many other situations. With plastic surgery it is very effective for decreasing inflammation, swelling and bruising post a face lift, breast implants, liposuction, tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift and many other surgical procedures.
MLD has also been known to be highly used with French woman for the reduction of the appearance of cellulite and facial wrinkles. Some have even mention when receiving it that they experienced weight lose.
Read about why French woman are obsessed with receiving MLD. French Woman and Lymphatic Drainage
The recommended amount of sessions to receive for MLD to work the best is 1-3 times per week depending on medical circumstances. In order to take advantage of and get the full effects of MLD, we offer a program of care in order to be able to come in the recommended number of times per week.
There is also a more aggressive way to drain lymph depending on your diagnosis. Please read further if you are interested and are suffering.
Lymph also can have an effect on pain, rehab and sports performance as it is 2nd highest on the totem pole for body systems that can cause dysfunction.
We also have and can use a number of tools to help assist in the drainage if the patient is comfortable with us including. These could and may consist in infra red, pulse magnetic therapy, red light and other color light treatments, Kinesio tape, different types of clinical MLD style cupping, IASTM and light vibration.